An oven-baked octopus recipe with peppers and potatoes that delights octopus lovers. Don’t forget to serve a nice homemade bread to dip in olive oil.
- People: 4
- Preparation Time:
- Confection Time:
- 1 medium-large octopus
- 1 medium onion
- 3 shallots
- 5-6 colored peppers
- 4 teeth of garlic with peel
- Country potatoes for 4 persons
- 1 Bay leaf
- Good quality olive oil
- Cook the octopus in a pan with the onion and bay leaf.
- When cooked, remove, clean and reserve (use tentacles only).
- Bake a baking tray at 220º with the peppers and the washed potatoes, shallots and garlic in their shells
- When the peppers are baked and the skin is almost burned remove the tray from the oven
- Put the baked peppers in a plastic bag and close tight (5-10 minutes)
- Reserve the potatoes, shallots and garlic
- Remove the peppers from the bag, pouring the syrup into another tray
- Rinse the peppers in cold water, removing their skins and seeds
- Cut them into equal strips
- Insert the octopus in the potato tray
- Spread the roasted and cleaned peppers between the potatoes and the octopus
- Add the shallots and the baked garlic without peels
- It’s a good time to season with salt and olive oil
- Take it back to the oven at 180º for 30 minutes
Don’t forget to serve a good type bread to dip in the olive oil of the platter.